Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Fishbowl




Anna Noyes '10 and Kate Hermanns '10 got a fish for their room in the Art House. There was much debate over his name last weekend, but at last check, nothing was settled upon. Suggestions ranged from the Biblical to Julep (derrived from paint chip for their wall color). It's important to match your fish to your room. Anyway, I terrorized him with my camera while "Flight of the Conchords" was getting set up on Anna's laptop. Now the fish is in the bowl and in this blog. Welcome to the campus community, Nemo!


A secret about BC Admissions Blogs: if we're posting pictures of our friends new fish, chances are we're a bit overwhelmed. I'm trying to figure out if I want to start planning another semester abroad, if I want to double major in French & Creative Writing (or just choose one!), and how to make an academic plan that incorporates all of this into the next five semesters.


It's not that there isn't a ton of support on campus to help me work this out, it is the number of waking hours in the day and my own indecision. I picked Beloit so I would be in a place where I could get help planning out my education. It's a matter of using my resources. So, I'm setting up appointments to make sure I get into office hours with my advisors. I'm running at next week and midterms stocked up on Vitamen C. I'm just trying to keep up with my laundry.


Spending those few lazy minutes in the sun between classes is doing wonders for my mental health, but that fall feeling is creeping up. Time to break out the fleece jackets, kiddos. Stay warm!

No comments: